Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
- 1 lb large shrimp (peeled, deviened, shells reserved)
- 4 cups water
- 1 head garlic (unpeeled, smashed)
- 4 Thai red chili peppers (chunked)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄3 cup dry sherry
- 1 red bell pepper (julienned)
- 2 green onions (minced)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- Prepare shrimp.
- In a saucepan combine the reserved shells, water, garlic, chiles, rosemary and fennel seeds.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce. Simmer 30 minutes.
- Strain. Return to saucepan.
- Return to a boil. Reduce to 1 1/2 cups (about 10 minutes).
- Add sherry. Bring to a boil. Reduce to 2 tablespoons (about 30 minutes).
- Add bell pepper. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp, onions, butter, salt and pepper. Heat until shrimp are just pink. Serve.