Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I adopted this from the Recipezaar account and made a couple additions after making it. Suggested items for dipping: tortilla chips, veggies, and/or bread sticks. Cooling time is included in cooking time.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Cream the cottage cheese in a blender or food processor or with an electric mixer.
- Stir in the chili, cumin, cheddar cheese, hot sauce, lemon or lime juice, paprika and oregano.
- Transfer mixture to prepared casserole and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese with a mixer or by hand then stir in cooled chili mixture.
- Serve chilled or room temperature with dipper(s) of choice (I prefer tortilla chips).
Made exactly as given, & this is definitely a great dip! Shared it with a neighbor couple (a little bit of it, that is) as well as with my son & DIL & everyone had nothing but raves for it! I particularly likeed it with celery as with those large & sturdy corn scoops! Will be making this recipe again, for sure! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Zar Chef Alphabet Soup tag]
Delicious, flower! Like Andi, I could have eaten this straight from the bowl (but didn't!). Be warned! This makes a ton of dip! But be assured, also, that it won't last long. I used lemon juice this time, but think I will opt for the lime next time. Thnx for sharing your delicious recipe, flower. Made for French Country Kitchen Herb of the Month - Paprika
A great dip that is totally delicious and so yummy I am not sure you wouldn't of eaten the whole bowl. I loved the use of cottage cheese here, and used a 1% cottage cheese with with the light cream cheese. I did halve this recipe, even cutting down on the beans a bit, and added spring onions as suggested by another reviewer. The paprika really added a nice taste, and we added more then our fair share of "hot sauce". Really looking forward to making this again, this will be great at football party time! Thank you, flower7. Made for *SSC - Pet Parade. July 2008.