Recipe by flower7
I adopted this from the Recipezaar account and made a couple additions after making it. Suggested items for dipping: tortilla chips, veggies, and/or bread sticks. Cooling time is included in cooking time.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made exactly as given, & this is definitely a great dip! Shared it with a neighbor couple (a little bit of it, that is) as well as with my son & DIL & everyone had nothing but raves for it! I particularly likeed it with celery as with those large & sturdy corn scoops! Will be making this recipe again, for sure! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Zar Chef Alphabet Soup tag]
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili with beans
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice or 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Cream the cottage cheese in a blender or food processor or with an electric mixer.
- Stir in the chili, cumin, cheddar cheese, hot sauce, lemon or lime juice, paprika and oregano.
- Transfer mixture to prepared casserole and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese with a mixer or by hand then stir in cooled chili mixture.
- Serve chilled or room temperature with dipper(s) of choice (I prefer tortilla chips).