1/1 Photo of Longevity Noodles With Chicken, Ginger, and Mushrooms
This dish is traditionally eaten for Chinese New Year. Everything is cut long to symbolize longevity, hence the name. This version is adapted from "Stir-Frying to the Sky's Edge" by Grace Young. Please note, this recipe uses fresh noodles; if using dried follow package instruction and it will take longer to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces lo mein noodles (fresh)
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into thin bite-sized strips
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely shredded
- 1 teaspoon chinese rice wine or 1 teaspoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon chinese rice wine or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 ounces napa cabbage, thinly sliced (3 cups)
- 4 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and caps thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup green onion, finely julienned
- 1Use a medium saucepan to boil noodles just until they are done, 3 to 5 minutes; stir to prevent sticking.
- 2Drain noodles and rinse with cold water to cool down; return to pot and toss with sesame oil. and set aside.
- 3In a shallow bowl, combine chicken, ginger, 1 teaspoon rice wine, cornstarch, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- 4In a separate small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon rice wine and 1 tablespoon soy sauce; set aside.
- 5Heat a wok over high heat, add 1 tablespoon oil and stir fry pepper flakes for 10 seconds; add chicken and let sear 1 minute, then stir fry 2 to 3 minutes until done, then place in a bowl.
- 6Add cabbage and mushrooms to wok and stir fry 1 minute to wilt; add to bowl with chicken.
- 7Add 1 tablespoon oil to wok and stir fry noodles for 30 seconds; stir in soy sauce/wine mixture.
- 8Return chicken and vegetables to wok, along with green onions; season with 3/4 teaspoon salt, stir to heat through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Longevity Noodles With Chicken, Ginger, and Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 674.8
- Calories from Fat 350
- Total Fat 38.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 71.1 mg
- Sodium 793.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 25.8 g