Recipe by curly top
I had originally called these 'melt in your mouth' but I think they are the closest to Lofthouse I've found. These are soft cookies that have a unique flavor by adding both almond and vanilla flavorings. They are dropped rather than rolled so are easier to make. Kids always enjoy helping to frost, decorate and eat them.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
For the frosting glaze
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond flavoring
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter, eggs, sugars, sour cream and oil until light and creamy.
- Slowly add remaining dry ingredients.
- Chill dough in refrigerator several hours or overnight.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoon (or small cookie scoop) onto cookie pan lined with parchment paper.
- With a glass flatten each ball. ( a piece of waxed paper between the glass and dough helps to avoid any sticking).
- Bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes (depending on your oven and pan).
- Cool on wire rack.
- For the glaze:.
- Mix the powdered sugar, water and almond flavoring until a glaze forms.
- Spread glaze on each cooled cookie and add sprinkles, decorations or just leave plain.
- Color can be added to the glaze if you want.