Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 lobsters, live or freshly cooked
- 2 slices cooked ham
- 100 g mushroom caps
- 2 shallots
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1⁄4 liter white wine
- 1⁄8 liter port wine
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 liter single cream
- Cook the lobsters (if they're fresh) and let them cool a little.
- Split each lobster in half lengthwise.
- Remove the sand sacs in the heads, and the intestinal tubes.
- Reserve the coral and green matter in a bowl.
- Remove the rest of the meat and chop it fairly roughly.
- Break the claws, remove the meat and chop it as well.
- Chop the ham, mushrooms and shallots finely.
- Melt 35 g (1,2 oz.) butter in a large pan, put in the lobster meat and cook it for about 1 minute; then add the ham, shallots and mushrooms, and continue to cook gently for another two minutes.
- Pour the warmed brandy into the pan and set it alight to flambe the shellfish and vegetables.
- Then pour in the wine and port, season to taste, cover and cook gently for 20 minutes.
- Beat the egg yolks into the cream and add this to the reserved coral and green matter: then away from the heat, beat it into the lobster mixture, making sure that it thickens without boiling.
- Check the seasoning, and serve in a warm tureen with buttered noodles.