Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 8 ounces store bought rotisserie-cooked chicken, shredded (about 2 chicken breasts)
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen southwest-style vegetables, thawed (corn, black beans, peppers, onions, etc)
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno jack cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded, divided
- 12 (8 inch) flour tortillas, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, diced
- 3 green onions, cut into rounds, whites and greens reserved for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, veggies, jalapeno jack cheese and 1 cup of the monterey jack cheese.
- Divide chicken mixture evenly between 12 tortillas.
- Roll into enchiladas and place, tightly, seam-side down in 9x13" baking dish that has been lightly greased.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan; stir in flour to make a roux; stir and cook until bubbly; gradually whisk in chicken broth then bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and green chiles; pour sauce evenly over enchiladas.
- Top with remaining cheese and bake for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce near edges of baking dish is bubbly.
- Top with green onions.