Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
My friend Llanda gave me this recipe. She had another name for it, that wasn't PG-rated, so I changed it to "Ecstacy".
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter or 1 1⁄2 cups margarine, softened and separated
- 2 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) box powdered sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (8 ounce) Cool Whip
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (6 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 6 bananas
- 1 (6 ounce) can Hershey's syrup
- Crust: Mix 2 cups graham cracker crumbs and 1 stick melted butter together.
- Spread in 9 x 12 inch Pyrex dish.
- Filling: Beat 2 sticks butter, eggs, and sugar together for 15 minutes and spread on top of crust.
- Drain pineapple and spread on filling.
- Slice bananas lengthwise and dip in pineapple juice.
- Place bananas on top of pineapple.
- Spread on Cool Whip.
- Top with nuts, then drip some chocolate syrup around, and add some cherries.
- So good, you'll die happy!
I had to sub fresh whipped cream for the 'cool whip' so that added to the fat content but no one was worried. :) On one half I topped with sliced strawberries as not all my guests liked cherries and this worked well. The filling was a little sweet for me but my guests loved it. Another 'keeper' :)