Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
A simple dessert that everyone will enjoy. And , of course, has rose water in it!
Make and share this Littlemafia's Persian Grated Apples recipe from Food.com.
- 6 apples
- 1 lemons, juice of or lime
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rose water
- 1 cup crushed ice
- Peel the apples and grate into a clear glass bowl.
- Stir in the lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
- Add sugar, rose water, and mix gently.
- Cover and refrigerate 3-4 hours.
- To serve, top with finely crushed ice and garnish with lemon.
Nice looking and delicious as a light dessert. I used Macintosh apples, freshly squeezed lemon juice, brown sugar as white gives me a headache, a bit more Iranian rose water which is superior in my experience as opposed to Lebanese & Indian. Made for Veggie Swap 31 ~ February 2011.
Delightful! The shaved ice glitters like little crystals. A very elegant looking dessert that is light and refreshing. Perfect after a large meal. Thanks so much for the post.