Recipe by Pink Penguin
A savory spin on the pumpkin pie. Little savory snacks. If you dont like feta you can use another crumbly cheese.
- 250 g plain flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 125 g butter
- 250 g pumpkin, cut into small chunks
- 150 g feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub the flour, salt & butter till you have fine crumbs, then run your hands under a cold tap & shake them dry over the dry mixture.Next, form the pastry into a ball & wrap it in clingfilm & chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam the pumpkin until completly tender, you should be able to break it with a spoon.Immediately fold in the cheese & set aside. Season if necessary.
- Preheat the oven to 200c/ fan 180c/gas 6, & line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Roll out the pastry until about .5 cm thick 7 cut it into squares about the size of a small coaster. Spoon a generously heaped tbsp of the pumpkin mixture into the centre of each square, then bring the corners of the pastry together so that they just meet in the middle. Dont close it up completely.
- Bake the tarts for 15 minutes, or until the pastry is golden.