Vino Girl's Note:
The dough for the crust will need to be chilled for 30 minutes, so be sure to add that time in. From Taste of Home (February/March 2001)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly.
- 2Gradually add water, tossing with fork until dough forms a ball.
- 3Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minute
- 4Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 5Divide dough in half; roll each half into a 6" circle.
- 6Transfer to 2 (4 1/2 inch) tart pans; fit pastry into pans, trimming if necessary.
- 7Arrange pecans in pans.
- 8Mix egg, corn syrup, brown sugar and vanilla together; pour over pecans.
- 9Place tart pans on a baking sheet.
- 10Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- 11Cool on a wire rack.
- 12Top with whipped or ice cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Little Pecan Pies for Two
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 720.2
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 196.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 49.9 g
- Protein 7.8 g