Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
The dough for the crust will need to be chilled for 30 minutes, so be sure to add that time in. From Taste of Home (February/March 2001)
- In a bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly.
- Gradually add water, tossing with fork until dough forms a ball.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minute
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Divide dough in half; roll each half into a 6" circle.
- Transfer to 2 (4 1/2 inch) tart pans; fit pastry into pans, trimming if necessary.
- Arrange pecans in pans.
- Mix egg, corn syrup, brown sugar and vanilla together; pour over pecans.
- Place tart pans on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Top with whipped or ice cream if desired.