Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
These are easy to make and men seem to really like them. They are good on a party tray. Just something made up with extra pie crust.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground round
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1⁄4 cup yoshida's sweet teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 slices bread, finely torn
- salt and pepper
- pie crust, of your choice
- Mix the meat with the onion, egg, bread, cheese, sauce, salt and pepper. Mix very well.
- Roll out the crust and cut into a 3-inch square.
- Take a walnut or egg size bunch of meat mixture in your hand, and roll into an oblong shape, put on the center of the crust and pinch the top together.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes or until browned. Makes about 20.
Bland! Boring! Served to the family at Christmastime. No one thought they were special in anyway. Definitely not worth the work. Easier to make meatballs.
These were excellent. Fairly easy to make. I filled them, lined them up, and baked them. The recipe did not call for any condiments but I needed something so I got some salsa out and some sour cream. I like stuff on top of stuff (smile). They were so good. Very tasty. Thanks Rose. Will do these again.