Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
something special for when you have lunch time guests.
- 1⁄2 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 large lime, rind finely grated and 1 tablespoon juice
- 1 large cooked lobster, meat removed, finely chopped
- 9 slices white bread
- 9 slices whole wheat bread
- 60 g butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups alfalfa, sprigs
- Combine mayonnaise, lime rind, lime juice and salt and pepper in a bowl. Place 3 slices of white and 3 slices of wholemeal bread on a flat surface. Spread liberally with lime mayonnaise and top with chopped lobster.
- Butter both sides of 3 slices of white and 3 slices of wholemeal bread and place wholemeal slices on white topped slices, and white bread over wholemeal topped slices. Press to secure.
- Place alfalfa on sandwiches. Spread remaining mayonnaise mixture onto one side of remaining slices of bread. Place bread, mayonnaise side down over alfalfa with white bread over wholemeal and wholemeal over white bread. Press to secure. Trim crusts from sandwiches and cut sandwiches into 3 fingers. Place on a platter. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until required.