Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I stumbled across this recipe yesterday whilst looking for something quick and easy. I did not have any lemons in store except for bottled juice, so I made the alternative and used the beautiful navel oranges that are available instead. It was superb. It is a Rachel Allen recipe which is always good to follow. I halved the recipe and still found it very sweet so next time I will decrease the amount of sugar. I have described the recipe as I found it, adjust the sugar to your taste. I don't like very sweet things.
- Dissolve the sugar in the cream and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the lemon juice and some grated lemon rind.
- Spoon into pretty glassed or dishes and leave to set.
- I put some orange segments on the top after it had set to make it look pretty.
- ( I still added a bit of lemon juice with the orange juice, partly because it was too sweet, but I think it helps it to set better with lemon juice.).