Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is something everyone likes and it can be made from stuff already in your pantry. No running out to buy fancy ingredients.
- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (11 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 3 slices bacon
- 3 slices American cheese
- 1 lb ground beef
- Slice onion and separate into rings.
- Cover bottom of baking dish (9x12) with onion rings, peel and slice potato thin, place on top of rings, sprinkle on salt and pepper, brown ground beef, drain and put on top potatoes.
- Top with pork and beans.
- Spread undiluted soup on top of that, place bacon on top.
- Bake at 350°F for 60 minutes then place cheese on top to melt.
Another 5 stars for you. This is delicious. By BH loved it and talk about cheap and easy to make. This was wonderful. Thank you, again, Angelfan. Very good recipe. Will be making this again.
It was a hearty dinner that was easy on the wallet. I added a tiny bit of garlic because I put garlic in almost everything. I also added extra cheese simply because I love american cheese. I love the fact that it is very easy to make. It will become a regular weekday dinner in our home. Thanks for the recipe.
This was delicious! I also added some garlic to the meat and used fat free cheese slices on top. DH loved it and I'll certainly be making it again. Thanks angelfan!