Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy twist on an old standby.
Make and share this Little Italy Macaroni & Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- Combine Alfredo sauce-I use store-bought- with wine, basil and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Simmer to combine flavors and puree with a hand blender.
- Mix sauce with pasta, mozzarella, provolone, salami and ham.
- Pour into a 9x13-inch greased baking dish.
- Top with Asiago.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
I made this recipe especially for my 13 yr. old, who loves alfredo. The only change I made was that I used pepperoni instead of salami. We like this grown up version of mac & cheese.
This was one of 13 casseroles at out get together and everyone enjoyed it. It is a little expensive but worth it in the end. Like cathy i use prepared alfredo sauce, our favorite is uncle bens, in a jar. I will make this again, thanks so much Queen, great recipe.
Queenie, this was soooo good! I used store bought Alfredo sauce and white cooking wine. Followed the rest of the recipe to a T, including the cheeses. It was a tad expensive to make because of the cheeses, but is well worth it. It is definitely on my list of treats to make when I want to spoil myself and dh or for when we have company. Served it with a tossed salad and my Garlic Bread with Cheese #90808.