Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy twist on an old standby.
- 1 lb pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 2 cups alfredo sauce
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 1⁄4 lb salami, julienned
- 1⁄4 lb ham, julienned
- 1⁄4 lb provolone cheese, julienned
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese, grated
- Combine Alfredo sauce-I use store-bought- with wine, basil and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Simmer to combine flavors and puree with a hand blender.
- Mix sauce with pasta, mozzarella, provolone, salami and ham.
- Pour into a 9x13-inch greased baking dish.
- Top with Asiago.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
I made this recipe especially for my 13 yr. old, who loves alfredo. The only change I made was that I used pepperoni instead of salami. We like this grown up version of mac & cheese.
This was one of 13 casseroles at out get together and everyone enjoyed it. It is a little expensive but worth it in the end. Like cathy i use prepared alfredo sauce, our favorite is uncle bens, in a jar. I will make this again, thanks so much Queen, great recipe.
Queenie, this was soooo good! I used store bought Alfredo sauce and white cooking wine. Followed the rest of the recipe to a T, including the cheeses. It was a tad expensive to make because of the cheeses, but is well worth it. It is definitely on my list of treats to make when I want to spoil myself and dh or for when we have company. Served it with a tossed salad and my Garlic Bread with Cheese #90808.