Recipe by Shar-on
I found this recipe in "The Magic of Wheat Cookery Cookbook". This is a different version of a cream puff using whole wheat flour and a filling that is not sweet.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 package onion soup mix
- 1 cup shrimp (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to boil in a 1 1/2 quart saucepan.
- Add margarine.
- Combine salt and flour: add all at once to the margarine water: cook until it forms a ball.
- Add all the eggs at once and beating vigorously after each addition.
- Drop by tablespoonful onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 deg F for 10 minutes and reduce heat to 325 deg F and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Turn off oven, then replace pan of cream puffs in oven for 10 minutes to dry.
- Combine sour cream, onion soup mix and shrimp and fill cream puffs.