Recipe by myrnabarager
I came up with this the other night because I had ground beef thawed and didn't want hamburgers. So, I thought, "what else do I have that I put with this?" I had 1/2 an onion in the fridge, garlic, potatoes, carrots, frozen corn, cream of celery soup, and Parmesan cheese.
Top Review by nemokitty
Excellent casserole using ground beef. It does make a lot so we have dinners in the future already made. I had to use cream of mushroom and left out the green pepper. Made for PAC Spring 2014.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 medium potatoes, sliced thinly
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn
- 1⁄4 cup sweet red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sweet green pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry ground beef with onions and garlic. While it's frying, peel the potatoes and carrots, then slice.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Start by placing the ground beef in a large casserole, then potatoes, carrots, corn, and peppers.
- Mix milk and soup. Pour over ingredients in casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover; bake for approximately one hour, or until ingredients are fully cooked.