Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great little muffins to make any time of year.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, mixed with the cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In large bowl, cream soft butter and sugar, until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time until light and fluffy.
- Beat in applesauce.
- In separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add to butter mixture.
- Stir to moisten.
- Spoon into 36 greased tea-size (about 1 ¾ in diameter) muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven about 15 minutes (check at 12 minutes) until golden brown.
- When taking muffins out of the oven, turn pans upside down on a kitchen towel.
- Tap down.
- The muffins will fall out.
- While warm, dip tops of muffins into melted butter, then cinnamon/sugar mix.
- Variations - add mini chocolate morsels, chopped nuts, or cranberries.
I didnt taste any applesause, made 24 mini muffins, add cinnamon/sugar to top before baking. DH liked them, but I thought them dry.
These were easy to make. Hubby and I both found them to be a little bland though. Maybe next time I'll add a few raisins or some small-diced apple.
Very good muffins! Nice and moist, really nice flavor! I followed the recipe exactly and they were perfect!