1/1 Photo of Lite Spinach Souffle
1 hr 5 mins
This souffle is light in texture and a lovely green color. This can be lunch all by itself.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 400°F grease the inside of a 6 cup souffle dish.
- 2Coat the interior of the dish with the crumbs shake out excess crumbs.
- 3Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat,add flour stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes Whisk in the milk, pepper& cheese, bring to a boil, whisking all the while, until thick Stir in the well drained spinach and set aside.
- 4Beat egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- 5Gently fold the spinach mixture into the egg whites.
- 6Scrape the souffle into the breaded souffle dish.
- 7Place in center of the oven and immediately reduce the heat to 375°F.
- 8Bake for 35-45 minutes until the souffle has puffed and the top is brown.
- 9Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lite Spinach Souffle
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.5
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 12.7 mg
- Sodium 214.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 8.5 g