Recipe by Eismeer
A traditional Austrian, absolutely delicious and so easy to make cake. Classic :)!
Top Review by berry271
Yum! I've made Linzer Hearts before, but never a Torte. Looks very impressive, and reminds me of something that would have been served with Kaffee when I lived in Deutschland. It is a bit more involved than other dessert recipes might be, but not as complicated as I thought. An interesting crust, but it turned out very well. I did bake it in a tart pan and not a cake pan. That made it very easy to serve. I also had a little leftover dough that I used to make a little Nutella "Pop Tart" which was also very good.
- 200 g coarse flour
- 200 g cold butter
- 100 g sugar
- 100 g ground hazelnuts
- 40 g breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 60 g redcurrant jam
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Crust: Knead butter, sugar, flour, egg, breadcrumbs, cinnamon and hazelnuts to a soft dough, form to a ball and let cool in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- Mix jam with rum.
- Butter a cake pan and split dough in halves.
- Use rolling pin to flatten dough.
- Cover cake pan with one half of dough and coat with jam-rum mixture.
- Cut other half of dough in half inch wide stripes and arrange "lattice-like" on the jam rum mixture.
- Bake at 175°C until golden brown (45minutes).
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.