Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Lentil stew recipe from my German mother! One of my favorites German dishes ever. Pour over spaetzle, noodles, or rice.
- 1 lb lentils (soaked overnight)
- 1⁄2 cup carrot
- 1⁄2 cup potato
- 2 bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon flour (dissolved in 1/4 c water)
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- In a large pot, cook all ingredients except for flour, vinegar and wine for about 45 minute in the water lentils were soaked inches.
- Add flour/water mix, vinegar, and wine.
- Cook for another 15-20 minute.
- Serve over noodles, spaetzle, rice, etc. Add more vinegar to taste.