Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is similar to alfredo but not nearly as heavy. I found this in a magazine while on vacation at the St. Lawrence River years ago. My now married daughter is coming home for a few days and has been asking me to make this again. Well, it took a few hours to "unearth" this recipe so here it is where I can find it again quickly next time!
- 1 lb linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs zucchini, coarsely shredded
- 1⁄4 cup yogurt or 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, I used sharp
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Start pasta.
- Heat oil, add garlic for about 30 seconds.
- Add 1/4 of the zucchini; cook on high; stirring to coat with oil.
- Add rest of zucchini. cook about 3 minutes.
- Add sour cream and cheddar cheese.
- Turn off heat while cheese melts.
- Toss with pasta.
- Serve with extra parmesan or romano cheese to top.
- Creamy and YUMMY!
This was very nice. I did cook the zucchini for much longer than 3 minutes. There is quite a lot of it and it gives off a lot of liquid once it starts cooking. If you have too much of this liquid left when you add the cheese it curdles. I used sour cream and wouldn't use yoghurt for this sort of thing -it tends to freak people out unless they're used to it!
This is a great recipe! I love zucchini and am always trying to find new ways to make it. I used what I had in the fridge so I used low fat plain yogurt, fontina cheese and then 1/2 cup of mascarpone cheese, then I added a little chives on top at the end. I love the concept of the recipe and will try it out different ways in the future.
I give 5 stars to any recipe my 21 month old will eat and calls "GOOD!" (She has a tendency to yell every word...). I was really surprised by the flavor of this dish. Somehow the little scoop of sour cream and handful of Mexi-blend cheese ended up tasting just like a carbonara type sauce. Next time I will use a lot more zucchini (I did salt and squeeze the zucchini before using to get rid of excess water). Will definitely make again esp. since summer squash season is upon us here!