A must have recipe for the lazy budget stricken chef. This is good by itself or on the side with a salad and grilled meat or portabellas. Use leftover wine its much easier. If you dont like food with acid add some sugar to this when you simmer sauce. A herb mixture such as Italian herbs, herbes de Provance or La Garrigue can replace thyme and tarragon. This is very fragrant and flavorful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb linguine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves (crushed and sliced)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 10 kalamata olives (sliced or crushed)
- 1/2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dry tarragon (or favorite herb marjoram, fennel, oregano)
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme (or favorite herb basil)
- 1/4 cup wine (leftover red or white not to sweet or dominating)
- 1/8 cup grated parmigiano
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white breadcrumbs (very stale and toasted)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted nuts (pine nuts or crushed almonds)
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1Cook pasta to directions on box.
- 2Simmer garlic in a large skillet with oil until fragrant and lightly browned and tender. Do not burn.
- 3Add tomato paste stir until color darkens and smells richer. Do not burn.
- 4Add olives, pepper and herbs (not fresh parsley).
- 5Pour wine in pan and loosen any bits in large skillet. If wine is not flat cook out alcohol.
- 6Drain pasta well and add to large skillet.
- 7Combine the rest of ingredients in a bowl (Parmigiano, parsley, bread crumbs and nuts).
- 8Add half of the contents in the bowl to pasta and sauce in skillet.
- 9Toss all ingredients.
- 10Serve in pasta bowls and top with the remaining contents in bowl.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguine Pigro (Lazy Tongue)
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 494.3
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 312.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 12.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: