Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
My daughter got this off of a tv show a couple of years ago. It's chicken, it's pasta, it's tomato and garlic.. what's not to like? :)
- 1 (8 ounce) package linguine, cooked
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Marinate chicken in lemon juice, thyme and basil for 1/2 hour.
- Cook marinated chicken, in a small skillet until done, approx.
- 10 minutes.
- In large skillet, heat oil.
- Saute garlic briefly.
- Add diced tomatoes and cook over low heat about 10-15 minutes, or until the consitancy you want the sauce.
- Add salt and pepper and cooked chicken.
- Heat through.
- Serve over cooked linguine.
- **Origionalrecipe called for 1/2 cup of brie cheese without the rind,in small chunks, to be added at the end, right before serving.
- I didn't have any brie on hand, as I have never HAD it*LOL* Even without the brie, it's good though.
I made this for my son who loved it. I used tinned tomatoes, which made quite a lot of sauce, and the taste was great. I didn't add cheese, but will try it with cheese the next time
delicious and simple. made this for my daughter and i; followed recipe but had to use chicken thighs; and then remove the meat as that was what we had. my daughter and i both loved it. i will make this again when i can get some brie, but this is good enough alone. will make it again. chose this as the chef was kind enough to try one of my recipes. thanks for sharing.
This recipe came out ok, there was not alot of strong flavor in it though. It was enjoyable