Recipe by Chef Shadows
This is a very good sausage from Portugal! The chilling time is not considered in the recipe. Cook as you would any sausage.
- 4 lbs boneless pork butt
- 2 1⁄2-3 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 -7 garlic cloves, minced or 4 -7 garlic cloves, pressed
- 4 -6 small dried hot chili peppers, crushed
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut pork into cubes, separating lean meat and fat.
- Measure or weigh; you should have equal parts, or 2 pounds each, fat and lean meat.
- Grind coarsely.
- Combine ground meat in large bowl with remaining ingredients, and mix well with your hands or a heavy spoon.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Shape into patties or links.
- Cook as you would any sausage.