Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My maternal grandfather's family makes Tuaca Liquor and I think it is the most awful stuff on earth, right up there with liver. But I am not a drinker and I think all booze tastes awful. Being faithful to the family, I created a little dessert using Tuaca and it came out great! I hope you try it!
Tuoni Thunder Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup tuaca liqueur
- 1 pint butter pecan ice cream
- 8 amarettinis, crushed roughly
- 4 amarettinis
- 1 cup chantilly cream, lightly sweetened
- Melt the sugar and the water together in a sauce pan, with the vanilla bean over very low heat. When the sugar is all melted turn the heat to medium and bring to a boil and boil for 4 or 5 minutes making sure the sauce does not burn. Off of the heat, add the cream being careful since it will boil up a bit. Stir well and add the Tuaca Liquor. The sauce should not be too thick. Let cool off the heat while you put the parfaits together.
- In 4 large parfait glasses layer a crushed amerettini, a tablespoon of Tuaca Thunder sauce and a big scoop of pecan ice cream, another crushed amerettini,another drizzle of Tuaca sauce, 1/4 cup chantilly cream and top off with a whole amerettini cookie.
- Serve with a strong shot of espresso and a few good friends.