Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
I love this combination of veggies... Great taste and something just a little different to have along with your favorite meat or fish dishes... REALLY GOOD! Note: Soul Food Seasoning contains salt, sugar, garlic, onion and paprika if you don't have it in your cupboard.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Awesome summer veggie dish! I skipped cooking the mushrooms in water and made everything together, leaving the veggies "al dente" in texture. I used the recipe intro's description to make the soul food seasoning. I used more than the 1/4 tsp called for. It's the perfect seasoning mixture for these veggies. Thanx for sharing!
- 1 lb mushroom, cut into thick slices
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped fine
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon soul food seasoning, see note above
- 1 (8 inch) zucchini, sliced
- 1 (8 inch) summer squash, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut mushrooms, not too thin, about 4 slices to a mushroom.
- Over med-high heat, in a frying pan, cook mushrooms with water, and garlic, salt, and pepper. Keep mushrooms a little crunchy.
- Drain water and add oil, and Soul Food Seasoning. Mix well.
- Add squash, and cook until al dente.