Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
These are so delicious, and easy to make. These are great for a dinner or snack! You can of course tone this down, by using other cheeses, and not adding the hot sauce at the end.
Top Review by Noo
YUMMY!! I used homemade chilli and as I can't get pepperjack cheese,I used plain jack,but added some chilli flakes to the cheese mixture,to compensateWe loved this....crisp fries,spicy chilli and ooey gooey cheese...fabulous combination of taste and texture....a winner every time. Thanks Linda.Made for Newest Tag.
- 1 quart homemade chili, made ahead
- 5 -6 large potatoes, peeled,and cut up into french fry size
- 1 cup jalapeno jack cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Tabasco sauce or any hot sauce, to your liking
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut up potatoes into french fries.
- Fry in oil in a deep fryer at 350, until nice and crispy.
- Take out, drain, and put on paper towels to soak up grease.
- Place on cooking sheet, and put in oven on warm, until the fries you are making in the fryer are done.
- When all fries are done, put each serving in a ovenproof dish.
- Top with hot chili.
- Add cheeses to top, and put in oven, under broiler, for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with hot sauce of your choice, (we use Tabasco), and enjoy!