Recipe by Foxgirl
My mother makes this for every big holiday get-together, and it is always a huge hit. Don't let the ingredients fool you--they taste extraordinary together, and this is such an easy treat to bring to a potluck or office party. (Also, the cheese ball looks great in a cake dome, if you need to transport it.)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄8 lb blue cheese
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese
- 1 clove garlic, grated fine (minced is okay too)
- chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate cheeses (except cream cheese) at room temperature.
- Add garlic and mix grated cheeses with cream cheese by hand, making sure to mix well (gunky, but it works).
- Mold into a ball and roll in a half and half mixture of chili powder and paprika--it's easiest to spread the spices liberally on a plate or board to do this, and be sure your spices are mixed together well.
- Wrap in foil, waxed paper or clingfilm and let the ball stand in the refrigerator for at least one full hour.
- (This can also easily be made the night before, just keep it in the fridge.) Set out for a few minutes before serving, or it will be like a rock!
- Serve with your favorite crackers--Ritz or other buttery kinds complement it well.