Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This reduction is great with beef, pork or lamb. If you want just that little extra something to make your meal a "Gourmet Delight", make this sauce to drizzle over your meat. It's WONDERFUL and full of flavor! WOW! Please Note: If you don't like sweetness to your sauce, reduce or omit the brown sugar.
- 3 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed with the side of a knife
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter
- In a small pan combine vinegar, sugar, rosemary, and garlic. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 10-15 minutes to thicken sauce, and reduce by 2/3.
- Remove crushed garlic.
- Add butter pats one at at time, mixing them each in well. (Butter gives the sauce a nice flavor and sheen).
- Drizzle sauce over prepared meat.
Excellent recipe! Was successful on my first attempt. Served it with lamb chops. My husband loved it so much! Thanks!
I love love love balsamic vinegar so looked forward to this. I will make it again only will leave out the brown sugar completely as it was way too sweet for my buds. Otherwise it is yummy and I am always happy to find recipes that use my fav herb rosemary too. I simmered it on the side burner of the grill while cooking my chicken breasts and then poured it over the chicken after removing from grill. Served with mashed potatoes and that yummy lime corn recipe. Thanks for posting this. I upped the stars after making this again without the sugar and it was absolutely perfect!
This sauce will have many uses in my kitchen! I made it to go with my pork tenderloin, and I will try it on lamb next. Great sauce with great flavor too. Thanks for sharing!