Recipe by arctic fox
These cookies are kind of dry alone, but duh they are for tea! The lime taste is not subtle. I found it on allrecipes.com from christina pierson, I don't know where she got it.
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (for glaze)
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar (for glaze)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine 2 teaspoons lime juice with milk and let stand 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 3/4 cup sugar, then beat in egg.
- Stir in zest and milk mixture.
- Add flour mixture.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until edges are light brown.
- Let the cookies cool completely.
- For the glaze: stir together the remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice and 1/4 cup sugar, brush onto the cooled cookies.