Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another one taken from a Kraft magazine. The description in the magazine reads ' Cool, creamy and incredibly easy! This frozen fruity treat hits the spot on sunny days.' Sounds good to me! :o)
- 12 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 12 ounces frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- Line 9 inch square baking pan with foil, with foil extending over the sides.
- Mix crushed cookies with butter. Press firmly onto the bottom of the lined pan.
- Beat cream cheese with a mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add limeade, beating until well blended after each addition.
- Add 2 1/2 cups of the whipped topping, stir with a whisk until well blended.
- Spoon mixture evenly over crust.
- Freeze three hours or until firm.
- Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving.
- Lift dessert from the pan using the foil extending over the sides as handles.
- Cut into squares to serve.
- Top each square with the remaining whipped topping and sprinkle evenly with the lime peel.
- *NOTE* can also be made using other juices such as raspberry, grape, fruit punch, etc.
I just made this dessert from a Kraft calendar and looked it up on Food.com just to say that the recipe is really skimpy on the amount of oreos that need to be crushed. I tried using 12 as it suggests and it only covered half of the 9x9 pan. I had to go with double the oreos and butter in order to get a crust to cover the pan. That said... once I did that everything else worked out well and it tasted good! My family liked it! One other thing I added was one drop of green food coloring because the limeade gave it a yellowish color and I thought it should look more green.