Recipe by omeomy #2
A good old standby and another way to get kids to eat some vegetables. Besides, it always looks good on the table especially when the center is filled with green seedless grapes.
Top Review by EyesForASkinnyFuture
Yummy and a great way to get some nutrition! I made some healthy tweaks to this by using fat-free sugar-free lime jello, and non-fat sour cream. I also left out the nuts. Subbing cucumbers for the celery works well too! Thanks!! [Photo uploaded with comment]
- 1 (85 g) package lime Jell-O gelatin (jelly crystals)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped canned pineapple ring
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans (optional) or 1⁄4 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a large bowl completely dissolve Jello in the boiling water.
- Mix in sour cream and whisk until there are no lumps.
- Stir in pineapple, carrots, celery and nuts.
- Pour into a ring Jello mould.
- Place in refrigerator and chill for at least three hours.
- When ready to serve unmould Jello by dipping the bottom in very hot water for a few moments, place a plate over the top and turn upside down.