Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I love limes and this drink is very quick and easy to make. I hope you enjoy this old favourite.
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen limeade concentrate, frozen, thaw
- 2 cups lime-flavored seltzer water, may sub soda
- 1⁄3 cup sugar, white, fine
- 1 key lime, rimming glasses
- 1 key lime, wedges
- 2 ounces maraschino cherry juice
- 8 maraschino cherries, crushed, lightly
- 16 ice cubes
- Combine limeade concentrate and seltzer or pop into pitcher and blend well, place in fridge until needed.
- Rim the top of the glasses with key lime juice and dip the glasses in sugar, until evenly coated.
- Add 2 crushed marashino cherries to the bottom of each glass than add four ice cubes and pour 1/2 ounce of cherry juice over ice, topping with the lime juice mixture and garnishing with a lime wedge or slice.
The taste is great. But for us it was too sweet. So next time I'd add more club soda. Thanks Baby Kato :) Made for holiday tag game
Wonderful! I made this as a fancy drink for my daughter's 9th birthday party, and the girls appreciated getting a 'grown up drink' with umbrellas :)
Beautiful to look at, and delicious! Both tart and slightly sweet -- because of the sugared rim -- to the taste. Made for Beverage Tag, Sept 2008.