I found this recipe in a magazine. I love the buttermilk pies, so I decided to share this one.
Make and share this Lime-coconut Buttermilk Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk all ingredients together until well blended.
- Pour into pie shell and place on baking sheet.
- Bake until filling is just set, still needs to be a little jiggly in center, start checking at 40 minutes.
- Remove pie from oven and let cool to room temperature.
- Must cool at least 15 minutes before serving, but best to let it cool, then chill in refrigerator for a couple of hours.
Very nice texture and great flavor and I only used 3/4 cup sugar. It was like key lime and coconut pie mixed together.
To save calories I baked as a custard and it was great. I also used lite evaporated milk for coconut milk.
My family loves this recipe! Besides that it is so easy to make-all you do is put it in the oven. With most coconut pies you have to stand guard over the pudding mixture stirring constantly. I bake mine for 50 minutes and then I start checking on it. I buy coconut milk that says "All Natural" and when you look at the ingredient list there is no mention of sugar.