Blueberry Buttermilk Pie
photo by tournay
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Preheat over to 350'.
- Combine sugar and flour in large mixing bowl, set aside.
- Melt butter or margarine and mix into sugar/flour.
- Add eggs one at a time fully incorporating each one into the mixture.
- Mix in the buttermilk and vanilla, set aside.
- Dust the berries with 1/4 cup flour.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of dusted berries in each pie crust.
- Pour even amounts of the filling over the berries in the pie crusts, The berries will come to the top of the filling. Gently push them down into the filling with a wooden spoon.
- Place each pie on a cookie sheet and put in the oven for 25 minutes. Rotate the pies and bake for another 25 minutes or until the filling is golden brown and set in the center. Remove from oven and cool on rack. The pies may be kept in the refrigerator until serving time. Remove from the refrigerator for an hour before serving.
- You may substitute different fruit or leave fruit out for a traditional buttermilk pie.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!