Recipe by Reefbubbles
This is a really good, simple side. I once accidentally mixed all the ingredients in the water, before cooking the rice and it was great too. I added more fresh cilantro after. This is a must to be served with my AWESOME, IMPRESS my friends dinner combination. Serve with Tequila-Orange Grilled Shrimp and Avocado Salad posted by me. The more the juices of each dish mixes with one another the better it tastes! This is a Martha Stewart recipe.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked
- 1⁄2 medium lime, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups water, butter, salt, and cumin to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in rice, and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook, covered, until liquid is absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat; add lime juice and cilantro. Fluff with a fork until combined. Serve immediately.