Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a really good, simple side. I once accidentally mixed all the ingredients in the water, before cooking the rice and it was great too. I added more fresh cilantro after. This is a must to be served with my AWESOME, IMPRESS my friends dinner combination. Serve with Tequila-Orange Grilled Shrimp and Avocado Salad posted by me. The more the juices of each dish mixes with one another the better it tastes! This is a Martha Stewart recipe.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked
- 1⁄2 medium lime, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 2 cups water
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups water, butter, salt, and cumin to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in rice, and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook, covered, until liquid is absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat; add lime juice and cilantro. Fluff with a fork until combined. Serve immediately.
We love the flavors of lime and cilantro so this was any easy choice. It is excellent rice and very easy to do. Will make this again. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup.
This was delicious served with the Tequila Orange Grilled Shrimp. I added all the ingredients to a rice cooker, and then added the lime juice and cilantro when it was done. It was a bit wet this way, but soooo good anyway. People were even commenting more on the rice than the shrimp!