Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a great dish for a special occasion! It's impressive looking, delicious, and surprisingly easy to make. I got this from the Cook Now, Serve Later cookbook by Readers Digest.
- 113.39 g mild fresh goat cheese (Bucheron or Montrachet or ricotta cheese that has been drained for 30 minutes in a sieve lined with)
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter or 29.58 ml margarine, at room temperature
- 29.58 ml minced parsley or 29.58 ml cilantro
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 2267.96 g whole roasting chickens
- 29.58 ml lime juice
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, butter, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Carefully loosen the skin over the chicken breast with your fingertips and stuff the cheese mixture between the skin and the breast meat, arranging it in an even layer.
- Pull the skin back into place and truss the chicken (optional).
- At this point the chicken can be stored.
- Transfer it to a platter, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for up to 6 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 475*F.
- Rub the chicken with the lime juice and set it breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Roast, uncovered, basting with the pan juices every 15 minutes, until golden-about 30 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 375*F.
- and roast, uncovered, basting every 15 minutes, until the juices run clear when the chicken is pricked with a fork-1 to 1 1/4 hours longer.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving platter and let rest for 15 minutes covered loosely with aluminum foil, before carving.
- This is good served with rice and carrots, and a salad.
This was excellent! Very sophisticated flavour that would be perfect for a dinner party. I wasn't able to baste every 15 mins, but I did it at least every half hour. I roasted it for a good 2 1/2 hours and the meat was very moist and fell off the bone. I didn't make a gravy and it definitely did not need one. This skin over the breast was amazing. This is a definite keeper.