1/1 Photo of Lime Brussels Sprouts - Delicious!
I was having oven baked chimis this evening and the only thing I had in the frig for a side was brussels sprouts. My husband said that brussels sprouts don't go well with mexican food, so I said I'd add lime to them to give them a mexican feel. He just laughed. Surprisingly we loved them! A zingy fun combination of flavors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and trim brussels sprouts. Cut each in half. Place sprouts in a bowl with a teaspoon of water and cover with plastic wrap (leave little hole at along edge of seal for air to escape).
- 2Cook in microwave on high for 2-3 minutes depends on how tender you like your sprouts. They will cook a little more in the next step but not much.
- 3Melt butter in skillet over medium high heat to high heat. (Might need more or less butter depending on the overall size of your sprouts). You can use something other than butter, but I do love the flavor of browned melt on the sprouts. I know it's bad for me!
- 4Add sprouts - cook over medium high to high heat (stirring ever so often)till the sprouts start to get brown.
- 5Once sprouts have the color of brown you like, add salt and pepper and lime juice to taste I suggest trying a half of teaspoon of lime and if you'd like more than add more. Be careful not to add too much right off the bat because the lime will overpower the sprouts.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lime Brussels Sprouts - Delicious!
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.9
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 93.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 6.4 g