1/4 Photos of Lill's Blueberries in the Gingerbread ?
1 hr 5 mins
Baby Kato's Note:
I love gingerbread and this is my favourite. It's moist and plump with blueberries. The recipe is from The Grass Roots Cookbook (Great American Recipes from Kitchens across the land)...by Jean Anderson
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup white sugar, plus
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, dissolved in
- 1 cup buttermilk or 1 cup sour milk
- 4 tablespoons molasses
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, washed, stemmed and dried
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Sift the flour, cinnamon, ginger and salt, set aside.
- 3Cream the butter and 1 cup of sugar until light and fluffy.
- 4Beat in egg.
- 5Add add the sifted ingredients alternating with the soda-buttermilk mixture.
- 6Always begin and end with dry.
- 7Stir in molasses, then fold in the blueberries gently.
- 8Spoon batter into well greased and floured 9 x 9 x 2" pan.
- 9Sprinkle remaining sugar on top.
- 10Bake at 350 degrees for 45- 50 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lill's Blueberries in the Gingerbread ?
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.6
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 36.6 mg
- Sodium 299.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 25.7 g
- Protein 3.5 g