Recipe by Bergy
This recipe is a lighter version of Roasted Garlic/Chicken Soup. It is still very tasty (Well we thought so) I used One Swedish whole wheat small rusk per serving but it would not show in the ingredients - They are apprx. 2 1/2 " by 1" across so I say Rusk in the recipe but they are much larger. I used Knorr Beef Aroma spice but this is another unknown spice so I listed ancho chilli spice- Any of your favorite nippy spice will do. I use a "No Oil" cooking spray but listed it as Pam. I always have roasted garlic ready in my freezer so this soup only takes me minutes to put together
- 2 heads garlic
- 946 ml low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 chicken breast halve, uncooked thinly sliced, bite size
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill weed, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili pepper mixed spice
- 4 whole wheat rusks
- spray Pam cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the top 1/4 inch from each garlic clove and remove most of the outer skin. Spray tops with PAM.
- Place in a small baking dish and Bake in a 325 oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove & when cool enough squeeze out all the cloves and chop.
- Place all the ingredients, except the rusk in a pot.
- Bring to a boill and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut the rusks into cubes, or use ready made croutons.
- Serve floating the rusk bets on top of the soup.