- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄4 cups whole milk, divided
- 1 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 (10 ounce) packageroasted boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped (such as Perdue Short Cuts)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- fresh sage sprig (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour and 1/2 cup milk in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring with a whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Stir in 1 3/4 cup milk. Cook 4 minutes or until mixture is thick, stirring constantly with whisk.
- Add peas, sage, butter and chicken, stirring to combine.
- Cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice and pepper.
- Garnish with sage sprigs if desired.