Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This has much less fat than it's authentic version! I like to use chipotle and honey barbeque sauce but I suggest you use your favorite. The best part is you can put this in the crockpot before you leave for work and dinner will be ready when you get home!
- 3 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 8 -10 potato dinner rolls or 8 -10 other soft rolls, split
- Trim fat from pork then cut into 3-inch cubes. Place in a large slow cooker with onion, barbecue sauce, brown sugar and vinegar. Cook on HIGH for 5 hours or LOW for 10 hours.
- Remove meat with a slotted spoon. Shred pork using 2 forks and stir in half the sauce.
- Place meat inside rolls and spoon remaining sauce over top; close sandwiches.
Wow! Like Landlock#2 said, "easy and delicious." No changes and it was a hit with the family. Thank you.
Easy and Delicious! What more can you ask for? I followed your recipe exactly! No changes needed/ Thank you for sharing your recipe.
Oh So Good! We'll make this lots and probably experiment with differemt BBQ sauces. My only addition was 2 cloves of garlic; sliced. My slow cooker has a removable insert so I whipped this up before bed & let the meat marinate overnight in the fridge, then turned it on in the AM. The delicious aroma that greeted me at the door after work was heavenly and the meat was succulent! THANX!