Recipe by cookiedog
This has much less fat than it's authentic version! I like to use chipotle and honey barbeque sauce but I suggest you use your favorite. The best part is you can put this in the crockpot before you leave for work and dinner will be ready when you get home!
- 3 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 8 -10 potato dinner rolls or 8 -10 other soft rolls, split
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from pork then cut into 3-inch cubes. Place in a large slow cooker with onion, barbecue sauce, brown sugar and vinegar. Cook on HIGH for 5 hours or LOW for 10 hours.
- Remove meat with a slotted spoon. Shred pork using 2 forks and stir in half the sauce.
- Place meat inside rolls and spoon remaining sauce over top; close sandwiches.