Malarkey Test's Note:
classic thanksgiving dish, this replaces the heavy in fat cream of mushroom soup version. Ok, this is my recipe. I made it for Thanksgiving 2002 and I was also extremely disappointed. I originally got it from Cooking Light, and made it a few years ago. I loved it back then, but this year it just didn't work. Not sure what is wrong...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup lowfat swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (8 ounce) packages frozen French style green beans, thawed drained
- 1 1/2 cups herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 teaspoons margarine, melted
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1coat medium saucepan with cooking spray and place over medium heat until hot.
- 2add onion, saute 5 min.
- 3add flour, and cook 1 min, stirring constantly.
- 4gradually add the milk, stirring until blended.
- 5stir in the cheese, sour cream, sugar and salt, cook 5 min until thick and bubbly.
- 6place green beans in an 8 in square baking dish, pour sauce over.
- 7combine stuffing mix, margarine and egg white; and sprinkle over green beans.
- 8bake at 350 for 25 min.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lightened Green Bean Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.7
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 9.4 mg
- Sodium 348.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herb seasoned stuffing mix