Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A light, fresh-tasting dessert. Healthy and not overly sweet. Prep time does not include time for chilling. From Great Good Food. Edited to add: This is one of the recipes I adopted from the Recipezaar account.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, washed
- 1⁄2 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup sugar-free strawberry jam (optional)
- Puree strawberries and cottage cheese in a blender.
- Put yogurt in a bowl.
- Fold in strawberry mixture.
- Add honey and vanilla, and mix gently but thoroughly.
- When ready to serve, place in 4 individual dishes and, if desired, swirl a teaspoon of strawberry spread into each one.
This is wonderful! Of late, I like desserts using cottage cheese and this one is really good! I pureed all the ingredients in the blender(other than the strawberry jam tht I omitted) and poured it over some ice cubes in a tall glass garnished with a sliced strawberry. It was really nice and I'd recommend it to everyone looking for a nice healthy smoothie. Yes, I had this as a breakfast smoothie and not as dessert;)This makes 2 servings for the quantity of ingredients mentioned in the recipe and not 4 servings.
I did tweak the recipe a little in that I used a fat-free vanilla yogurt the left out the vanilla extract! Served at the breakfast table for 2 of us it was a definite treat! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC Tag]
Note: this makes 4 servings as I serve it, as a dessert in 4 small custard cups.