Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This can be baked instead of pan fried, but I found the texture and flavor to be worth the marginal amount of added oil.
- 3⁄4 lb fresh cod
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Cut fish into 2 to 4 fillets of desired size.
- Mix egg and lemon juice in shallow dish.
- Mix bread crumbs and spices in a separate shallow dish.
- Preheat 1/2 oil in small frying pan over medium high heat.
- Dredge fish through egg then bread crumbs.
- Fry first side about 3-5 minutes
- Remove fish and add remainder of the oil.
- Cook and additional 3-5 minutes until fish is cooked and flakey (this will vary depending on thickness of fillets).