Recipe by Brooke the Cook in WI
I created this light version to reduce the fat and sugar found in a recipe by Bonnie Young (Cranberry Bars). These taste wonderful and you would never know that they were light! These go together in a snap and are real crowd pleasers. I make them year-round using frozen cranberries. If you don't have frozen or fresh berries - I don't recommend using dried fruit. WW points = 2/serving
- 4 egg whites (slightly beaten)
- 59.14 ml butter (softened)
- 59.14 ml pear baby food (prune baby food can also be used)
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml Splenda granular
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 354.88 ml flour
- 78.07 ml nuts, chopped (I use walnuts)
- 354.88 ml cranberries (fresh or frozen)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease and flour a 9x13 baking pan.
- Cream butter and sugars. Add pear baby food, then egg whites and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Fold in cranberries and nuts. Do not unthaw frozen berries. Mixture will be thick. Spread into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until edges are golden and start to pull away from the pan.