1/5 Photos of Light Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
This is a great ranch dressing mix, which is lower in sodium and without the preservatives found in the commercial brands. This dressing mix not only makes a good salad dressing and dip, it is also good as a sauce on cooked vegetables, baked potatoes, fish, poultry and meat. This recipe makes 1/2 cup of the dry mix, or enough to make 8 cups of the finished dressing. You can make the dry mix up in larger quantities and package it in small decorative jars just large enough to hold one recipe for holiday gifts. When wrapping the jars of the mix, you could include a copy of the recipe and the ingredients for making more of the dry mix. This way if the recipient likes the dressing, they can make more of it for themselves and share it with even more friends. Recipe is from Cook It Light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup dried parsley
- 3 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1To make the dry mix, combine the dry dressing mix ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- 2Store the mixture in an airtight container in a dry place.
- 3To make the dressing, combine 1 T of the dry mix with the mayonnaise and buttermilk and mix well using a wire whisk.
- 4Store the dressing in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator.
- 5Makes 1 cup of dressing.
- 6Each 2 T serving contains approximately: 16 calories, negligible fat; 1 mg cholesterol; 112 mg sodium; 3 grams carbohydrate; 1 gm protein; negligible fiber.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.4
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 13.7 mg
- Sodium 3105.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 19.5 g
- Protein 18.0 g