From Milk Website
Make and share this Light and Lemony Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 large lemons, zest of, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, 5 ml
- Preheat oven to 350°F (200°C). Lightly Butter nonstick muffin pans.
- In bowl, whisk together Milk, yogurt, lemon rind and juice; let stand for 5 minute
- In separate large bowl, combine all-purpose and whole wheat flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Whisk sugar, egg, Butter and vanilla into Milk mixture.
- Pour over dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Spoon into prepared muffin pan and sparkle a little nutmeg on top off each muffin.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until tops are firm to the touch. Let cool in pan for 10 minute Transfer to rack to cool completely.
Loved them. I threw in a handful of blueberries too and they were lovely and lemony.
Excellent muffins! They are definitely light and lusciously lemon! I used the juice of a whole lemon as suggested by a reviewer and also made a powdered sugar glaze to pretty the tops. So moist and yummy! Made for 123 Hit Wonders.
This recipe was just OK for us. It lacked the lemon "zip" that we enjoy. I did like the way the they rose and were a healthier muffin than some we have tried. I would definitely need to add more lemon next time.