- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 large lemons, zest of, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, 5 ml
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F (200°C). Lightly Butter nonstick muffin pans.
- In bowl, whisk together Milk, yogurt, lemon rind and juice; let stand for 5 minute
- In separate large bowl, combine all-purpose and whole wheat flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Whisk sugar, egg, Butter and vanilla into Milk mixture.
- Pour over dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Spoon into prepared muffin pan and sparkle a little nutmeg on top off each muffin.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until tops are firm to the touch. Let cool in pan for 10 minute Transfer to rack to cool completely.